Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Blog Smörgåsbord

Hello.  Remember me?

Well in case you missed it, last week I FINISHED law school.  FTMFW! *applause*  In my quest to complete school and graduate blogging fell by the wayside.  Now the NEUROTIC QUEEN in me wants to update the blog with everything that has happened since the last post.  Luckily most of what happened was studying.  So there; update complete.

....BUT since I have been gone so long, this post will be like three-posts-in-one.

Post No. 1: Ultimate Relaxation


These are my toes after an amazing spa pedicure.  The background, in case you couldn't tell, is the BEACH--which is one of my favorite things ever.  The bestie and I made our second appearance in less than 3 weeks at beach this past weekend.  But what better way to spend the weekend after completing law school?  






















Oh, I know: Eating fruit, marshmallows and mini éclairs dipped in warm chocolate and caramel.  Yes please! And thank you.  Fondue at the Little Dipper was Phenomenal.  If you haven't had it, you must.  Seriously.
















Post No. 2: Veggie Tales


So, you may or may not know about my obsession with the idea of being a vegetarian.  On my weekend trip I decided to try all veggie-eating to see what it was like.  Loved it.  Eating that way brought me in contact with so many different flavors and textures.  I'm afraid to "officially" say I am no longer eating meat because...for example what happens when I go to a cookout?  I'm not sure I can resist a hot dog.  But I know I am definitely incorporating more veggie foods into my "diet."  (I say diet in quotes because I'm obviously not on a diet--see fondue chocolate above.  I just mean into my more regular eating pattern.)

In honor of veggies, I made this simply delicious black bean quesadilla  yesterday:

Ingredients  
  • Sun-dried tomato tortilla
  • diced tomato with onion and green pepper
  • black beans
  • CHEESE (yum!)





Preparation
  • Heat tortilla cover in cheese until cheese is melty
  • add ingredients 
  • fold in half, smash with spatula :) (my favorite part)
  • garnish with your favorite dipping sauces--mine are salsa and guac.
  • DEVOUR 

Post No. 3: Summer Hair Preparation

After being sand-blasted at the beach--it was super windy--I returned home with sand everywhere including in my hair.  I decided to use the opportunity with which I was presented--the need to wash my hair--to try out some new products for my summer hair.  "But Tiff, what is "summer hair?"  By summer hair, I mean my natural, un-straightened hair.  I saw these product in Whole Foods, and after my LS extolled its greatness to me via Twitter ("@tdotey I LOVE IT") I decided to give them a try.


Before: Icky, Frizzy, Crinkly Mess


After: Less Messy, More Curly


All in all, the products, which were extremely pricey, worked well.  Turns out my hair is slightly damaged from too much flat-iron heat. FML.  So there are about a million different curl patterns going on.  Eh well.  Que Sera Sera.  In any event, Kinky-Curly will be the product of Summer Hair 2010.  Yup.

Ok.  So there it is.  Three posts in one.  I think we're back on track.  Operation sick bod will follow suit (ie get back on track) momentarily.

Ciao

1 comment:

  1. Hair looks cute!! My hair doesn't roll well with the humidity so I keep my hair up from the months of April-September.

    Good for you doing the veggie route all wknd. I am the kinda person if I say I am a vegetarian that will make me want even more but can go meatless just fine if I don't think about it.

    Have fun with your free time now!

    ReplyDelete