Wednesday, April 21, 2010

The Fruits of HIS Labor

So every night before I go to sleep I say my prayers.  This was something I did with my mom as a child, fell off when I was a teenager, but reinstated as an adult.  Except as an adult I do it a little different--when I pray at night I thank God for all that He has done and IS doing for me!  Sometimes it's just a general "Thank you Lord for ALL of my blessings," and others times its a more specific thank you.  And most critically, when I feel that I need something I thank Him that it WILL be done.  



25Therefore I tell you, stop being [v]perpetually uneasy (anxious and worried) about your life, what you shall eat or what you shall drink; or about your body, what you shall put on. Is not life greater [in quality] than food, and the body [far above and more excellent] than clothing?
    26Look at the birds of the air; they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father keeps feeding them. Are you not worth much more than they?  

---Matthews 6:25-26 (Amplified Bible)




And every night after I thank God my spirit is settled, my body is calmed, and I drift off to sleep soon after--That's no coincidence.  During my teenage and college years when I didn't practice prayer every night, I had THE WORST time getting to sleep at night.  So I say all this to say--as a reminder to myself, and anyone who is reading this--that God has a plan, He is in control, and it is the by His grace, and not our own doing, that we are blessed with all that we have.  So no worries!

For nothing is impossible with God."--Luke 1:37 (NIV)


On a slightly related note, I practiced "A Fine Balance"  again this morning and there was definitely progress.  I was able to focus on my intention--"alignment with the Divine"--and with that intention I saw improvements in my abilities.  I was able to get fully into Eagle Pose on both sides


--in the past my right hip has been too tight to allow me to wrap my right toe around my left calf.  


Also, I was able to do Half Moon Pose on both sides! 


(Although I admit I had to come back for a second try on the left side).  I guess these early mornings are paying off :) FTW!


On a final note:  I think I am turning into a true runner.  I was thoroughly upset that it was raining this morning because I wanted to run outside.  Now, a true runner probably would have run in the rain...not there yet (don't know if I will ever be).  But still, I feel a lifestyle change arising in me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment