Saturday, April 10, 2010

Maybe I'm Being a Pansy but...

...I skipped my scheduled run this morning because I did something to my ankle when I was running on Wednesay.  What you ask?  Who knows! I don't.  But what I do know is that I was walking around with a limp yesterday after running on it on Friday--and by limp I mean dragging my leg kind of like this cat.  Ok, that might be a slight exaggeration...but it might not be.

But anyway, my natural instinct was to SUCK IT UP.  "Pain is weakness leaving the body."  And that's what I did on Friday morning...and thats why I was walking around like lame duck on Friday evening.  Even still, I feel kind of like a pansy for wimping out.  But at least real pansies are pretty :)



So in lieu of the work out, what did I do?  I went to breakfast with a friend.  Yup! Sweet potato pancakes FTMFW!! They were great.  Good thing operation sick bod doesn't include any particular diet--yet.  Will determine if that is necessary at a later stage.  As of now, I just try to eat out less and eat at home more, pay attention to calories and practice portion control...

Despite the epic workout fail this morning, the day shaped up ok--at least in context.  Context = Exam Season at Worrel High aka Law School.  So I spent the entire day studying Criminal Procedure.  Well, the entire day minus a brief-interlude-that-turned-into-two-hour break. O_o *side-eye deluxe*  But anyway, I guess the BITTITHB (haha) was "just what the doctor ordered" because after that I studied for almost 8 hours straight.  WOOOSH.... Too bad I still have a million more pages of notes to consolidate into an outline for that class, not to mention another class to study for and a paper to research and write.  Did I mention the semester ends in two weeks and I have exams in three weeks?   Right.

No comments:

Post a Comment